Followers

Friday, February 26, 2010

Pa pa pa pa paparazzi!


Yup, that's me, lugging around the D3000 just to take pictures of our team lunch for a coworkers birthday. You see how cheesy I am!? We went to Houston's/Woodmont Grill and the service was piss poor. None of us knew we were being recorded until we got back to the office! I was called the papparazzi by my coworkers b/c "out of nowhere" I pulled out this huge camera! I was the center of the joke once again , haha. 
Here's a summary of the service
Minus's:
1) Never given a wait time for a party of 6 (not entirely their fault...some people will sit there for hours on end after paying for their chk)
2) Waitress was slightly condescending.
3) Waitress gave me the stink eye when I asked for Texas Toast, which is free with each entree (they don't tell anyone b/c they don't want to fill you up with buttered toast so you can order more food). Only workers know about this and old time customers, I didn't even know they served it until after I left them! She hesitated to respond to my question and said "uh, yeah", totally took her by surprise.
4) Asked for a condiment three times before it was received.
5) Asked for a second set of texas toast (to a manager) and didn't receive it, and this was after I told the manager my food was missing when everyone else had food...so that's #6
7) Returned artichokes that had no meat at all.
8) Asked if the brownie had ice cream, we were told no, so we ordered the brownie and ice cream sundae, turns out the brownie had ice cream.
9) Tried to seat us in a 5 seater booth and we insisted a 6 seater booth would be best since we are 6...but we got it.
I'll stop right there, I really hope it's not illegal to vent my feelings on the service received. If so, can someone tell me, please.
Pluses:
Lunch was very good, so was dessert. I had the Thai Steak Salad (delish!) My team is really fun and awesome, love them. Overall, I can look beyond the service and just remember it was a great experience and we know to go there when it's less busy now.  
Question for my readers, was I asking for too much and am I overreacting?
Did you notice I screamed a tad bit too loud for a restaurant...lol
Para la proxima!
Signature4

10 comments:

TKOmulatta said...

lol cute ending in the video...

Having bad service is always no fun... but at least your overall experience outweighed the bad...

~love your blog

Kate Gene said...

I can't STAND bad customer service! That is one of my biggest pet peeves. When I'm at work, I always greet every patient with a smile. If I say I'm going to do something, I do it. They're not paying insanely high medical bills/insurance to come in and get poor treatment. I love when I get snooty treatment from the 16 year old kids who work at Abercrombie. I went to look for something for my sister's (now ex-) boyfriend and they were so stuck up! WTH? Okay, I'm stepping off my soap box now... LMBO!

On a positive note, you guys looked like you were having a great time! I love that you busted your camera out! I'm a picture taking fool, too. :D Your camera is so fancy and nice; I'd probably even be taking pictures at the grocery store! LOL!

Sorry I've been MIA again... I spent part of today on Twitter, but rested for the most part. I'm sick and whiny! LOL!

xoxo

Kate Gene said...

P. S. No, I don't think you asked for too much! :)

Unknown said...

I cant wait till i get my professional camera, too start the magic!

YOU LOOK SO CUTE WITH THE CAMERA!
OHH NO I AM LYING YOU ALWAYS LOOK FABULOUS!

bananas. said...

i am usually really patient and understanding with servers in restaurants. having said that, i hate horrible service so for me you have to be really REALLY bad to tick me off.

pretty sure i would've been annoyed in this situation...especially if i wanted texas toast and the B wouldn't give it to me.

a hungry banana is not a pretty banana. haha.

Unknown said...

I really like your blog : )
I am a new follower.
Please check out my blog when you get a chance.

www.the-blisslist.blogspot.com

ting RN said...

i hate bad service! no TIP!!! lol. i <3 your cam! is it easy to use?
-tingy

Tammy said...

I don't think you over reacted at all!! Bad service is unacceptable. I don't think talking about the bad service you received is illegal...you may want to post your experience on yelp.com & warn others.

Couture Carrie said...

I despise bad service!!

xoxox,
CC

Jean said...

Theres no shame in lugging around the fancy Nikon ... who cares when in the end your pics turn out 10x better?

I actually watched this vid several times because of your hilarious co worker ...ooooh! Chris!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails